Production Data Support Engineer
Location – Bangalore
• Willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
• Primary Production Support for Big Data pipelines/jobs (both real-time and batch)
• Review Production specifications to verify accurate thresholds and measurements
• Collaborate closely with fellow team members to better automate daily production monitoring
• Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, interpret and communicate results in clear fashion; attentive to details
• Knowledge (or willing to learn) Big Data (Hadoop, Kafka), SQL, and ETL concepts
• Programming knowledge (preferred), preferably Python
• Familiarity (or willing to learn) with Linux/Unix console (can navigate yourself around the server via commands)
• Golden Gate Replicat support
• Informatica Monitoring Support
• Killing Oracle long-running jobs
Production Support Level 1 Duties
• An alert is received via Pager Duty app (via phone) or an alert is received via email distribution group
• Upon alert reception, alert is to be Acknowledged and triaged/worked
• Carefully inspect the alert name and details
• Locate the underlying job in the JAMS scheduling tool (most alerts have the job location posted in the alert content/details)
• Review the “run” history of the job in JAMS to see when it failed
• Review the “log” history of the job in JAMS to locate underlying error
• If the alert is tied to an Informatica workflow (as noted in the alert content or in the JAMS workflow call), logon to Informatica Monitor for more information. The JAMS scheduler “error” tends to be vague at times, whereas the Informatica Monitor (via the Session Browser) gives better insight into the true error.
• Inspect the Informatica Monitor errors
• Utilize any existing Runbooks for alert handling (if available)
• See if a restart (via JAMS) resolves the error
• Monitor Informatica parsers via the proper Integration Services
• Monitor the SuperSet Dashboard for platform health. Take note of things like large Kafka lags (> 10M), large data latency (> -100), Golden Gate Replicats behind, Hadoop Current Day behind.
• If Golden Gate Replicats are behind, log on to server to check if any Replicats are in stopped state. If so, start.
• When need further assistance, page L2 support.
Location – Bangalore
The Streamsets Administrator is responsible for supporting and advocating the company’s data strategy. Streamsets Administrator is the person who helps in managing data storage, preserving the resources that are available in the Streamsets framework. Streamsets Administrator is responsible for the implementation of the ongoing administration of Streamsets infrastructure, setting up new Streamsets user by working with the delivery teams, Cluster maintenance, Performance tuning, managing and reviewing Streamsets log files, installation of operating system and Hadoop update patches by collaborating with the application teams and many more, along with all these responsibilities Streamsets administrator is the only point of contact for the vendor escalation.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
• At least 3+ years Big Data experience with hands-on experience in designing, developing, deploying and troubleshooting StreamSets pipelines within Big Data Eco-Systems including ElasticSearch, Kafka, Streamsets, Logstash
• Experience using the StreamSets Data Collector to design, test, deploy, operate, and maintain pipelines that flow streaming and batch data into Hadoop.
Skills and Knowledge
• Solid working understanding of Big Data ETL solutions.
• Strong understanding of relational database application development (Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, etc.)
• Strong understanding of development and deployment on Unix platform
• Experience with using the Streamsets API/logs to create alerts for team awareness of issues related to the environment
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of Kubernetes and pod deployments a huge plus
• Experience of setting up alerts and Monitoring
• Hands-on Experience in control hub upgrades and data collectors upgrades
• Experience in scaling up data collectors
Supervisor, Security Operations
Location – Bangalore
The Supervisor, Security Operations Center is responsible for the company’s cyber defense program including operations and
engineering of its security technologies. The supervisor works alongside and oversees the operational activities related to data
center, the corporate (IT) network, and cloud defenses. The role requires a leadership focused approach to nurturing internal and
external customer relationships, developing junior security analysts and engineers, and maintaining the appropriate coverage of
resources to the defense of the enterprise. The supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring security baselines are applied and
reported on throughout the enterprise.
• Responsible for the development, analysis, testing, and integration of cyber defense processes, procedures, and technologies.
• Responsible for the operations and engineering of the team’s network and security technologies.
• Responsible for the management and career development of the staff supporting the security operations center.
• Foster innovation and drive accountability within the team.
• Act as a thought leader in security engineering and operations delivery – driving automation and analytics.
• Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification, and awareness activities for system and network operations.
• Oversee activities related to data center, the corporate (IT) network, security program development, security analysis & reporting, and al operations.
• Responsible for the oversight of a 24x7x365 cyber defense center
• Responsible for fostering relationships with operations teams within the department and throughout the organization.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field or equivalent in comparable work experience within the development or security field.
• CISSP or CISM certification preferred or equivalent University degree such as Masters in Cyber security
• GIAC or equivalent certifications preferred
• 7+ years of progressive work experience in cyber security related fields.
• 5+ or more years of experience in operations roles
• 2+ yrs in supervisory role in managing team and other managerial responsibilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, Security Information Event Management (SIEM), malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis.
• Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practice.
• Understanding of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
• Understanding of security technologies and concepts, experience including design and implementation of secure network solutions including DMZs, web portals and large scale SIEM deployments.
• Experience in working with Threat Detection & Response teams and the supporting technologies typically leveraged by the function (e.g., SIEM, Analytics, Endpoint detection and response (EDR)).
• Experience handling operations, engineering (implementation/deployment), and design/architecture in the related fields.
• Experience with DFIR.
• Experience and understanding of Active Directory.
• Experience with cloud technologies and their built-in security tools (AWS, Azure/O365)
CUSTOMER SCOPE (ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR JOB POSTING)
• CISSP or CISM certification preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technology field preferred.