Production Data Engineer Support
Location – Bangalore
• Willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
• Primary Production Support for Big Data pipelines/jobs (both real-time and batch)
• Review Production specifications to verify accurate thresholds and measurements
• Collaborate closely with fellow team members to better automate daily production monitoring
• Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, interpret and communicate results in clear fashion; attentive to details
• Knowledge (or willing to learn) Big Data (Hadoop, Kafka), SQL, and ETL concepts
• Programming knowledge (preferred), preferably Python
• Familiarity (or willing to learn) with Linux/Unix console (can navigate yourself around the server via commands)
• Golden Gate Replicat support
• Informatica Monitoring Support
• Killing Oracle long-running jobs
Production Support Level 1 Duties
• An alert is received via Pager Duty app (via phone) or an alert is received via email distribution group
• Upon alert reception, alert is to be Acknowledged and triaged/worked
• Carefully inspect the alert name and details
• Locate the underlying job in the JAMS scheduling tool (most alerts have the job location posted in the alert content/details)
• Review the “run” history of the job in JAMS to see when it failed
• Review the “log” history of the job in JAMS to locate underlying error
• If the alert is tied to an Informatica workflow (as noted in the alert content or in the JAMS workflow call), logon to Informatica Monitor for more information. The JAMS scheduler “error” tends to be vague at times, whereas the Informatica Monitor (via the Session Browser) gives better insight into the true error.
• Inspect the Informatica Monitor errors
• Utilize any existing Runbooks for alert handling (if available)
• See if a restart (via JAMS) resolves the error
• Monitor Informatica parsers via the proper Integration Services
• Monitor the SuperSet Dashboard for platform health. Take note of things like large Kafka lags (> 10M), large data latency (> -100), Golden Gate Replicats behind, Hadoop Current Day behind.
• If Golden Gate Replicats are behind, log on to server to check if any Replicats are in stopped state. If so, start.
• When need further assistance, page L2 support.
Location – Bangalore
• At least 3+ years Big Data experience with hands-on experience in designing, developing, deploying and troubleshooting StreamSets pipelines within Big Data Eco-Systems including ElasticSearch, Kafka, Streamsets, Logstash
• Experience using the StreamSets Data Collector to design, test, deploy, operate, and maintain pipelines that flow streaming and batch data into Hadoop.
• Solid working understanding of Big Data ETL solutions.
• Strong understanding of relational database application development (Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, etc.)
• Strong understanding of development and deployment on Unix platform
• Experience with using the Streamsets API/logs to create alerts for team awareness of issues related to the environment
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of Kubernetes and pod deployments a huge plus
• Experience of setting up alerts and Monitoring
• Hands-on Experience in control hub upgrades and data collectors upgrades.
• Experience in scaling up data collectors
Software Engineer - PD Security
Location – Bangalore
The Security Software Engineer is a key member of the Identity Access Management team responsible for designing, developing, and integrating custom modules for Availity’s corporate and customer Identity and Access Management systems. The role will focus on architecture and strategy of privileged access management, identity governance, access and entitlement reviews, single sign on, and overall access management. As an Availity Developer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for Availity business partners.
• Maintain and Write code for complex systems that address project specifications and guidelines.
• Write programs that span multiple platforms.
• Provide input on programming or development standards.
• Consult on database set-up.
• Coordinate with others on architectural standards.
• Consult on integration issues and determine the best integration approach
• Reviews the code of other developers.
• Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
• Write detailed technical documentation for subsystems and identify integration points.
• Perform unit testing and complex debugging.
• Assist IAM Engineers in deploying and supporting both Enterprise and Customer IAM solutions.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Equivalent Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technology field or equivalent in comparable work experience within the technology field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology and a minimum of 1 years of experience in the security and/or Identity Management space.
• Experience testing and debugging business application systems and processes
• Experience integrating both in house developed software and externally purchased software for large applications
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Hands on experience with the implementation of Identity Management/Identity & Access Management products (i.e. Oracle, RSA, SailPoint, ForgeRock, etc.).
• Other scripting/programming languages a plus (e.g. Python, Groovy)
• Experience in a CI/DI environment (i.e. GitHub, Ansible, Jenkins, etc...)
• Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases.
• Experience in Linux and Windows system administration and security.
• Familiarity with SAML and SSO technologies.
• Experience working with LDAP and Identity Management Solutions
• Excellent communication skills; must be able to interface with all levels.
• Open-minded, adaptable and passionate about learning.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills; must be able to think outside the box, troubleshoot non-standard/undocumented issues, and have an overall understanding of the products being supported.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
• Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment.
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks.
• Must be flexible and embrace change
• Must be detail oriented and thorough in documentation and communication.